SIRI was established as European standard in October 2006. It is a CEN (Comité Européen de Normalisation) and Technical Standard that specifies a European interface standard for exchanging information about the planned, current or projected performance of real-time public transport operations between different computer systems.
SIRI allows pairs of server computers to exchange structured real-time information about schedules, vehicles, and connections, together with general informational messages related to the operation of the services. The information can be used for many different purposes, for example:
- To provide real time-departure from stop information for display on stops, internet and mobile delivery systems;
- To provide real-time progress information about individual vehicles;
- To manage the movement of buses roaming between areas covered by different servers;
- To manage the synchronisation of guaranteed connections between fetcher and feeder services;
- To exchange planned and real-time timetable updates;
- To distribute status messages about the operation of the services;
- To provide performance information to operational history and other management systems.
The following list of software is known to support NeTEx. We distinguish between different categories that may later receive a list of key performance indicators.
Conversion and connectors to SIRI software and between other formats
|OneBusAway SIRI||Available||A set of tools to connect to and convert SIRI.||Apache-2.0||https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-siri|
|ara||Available||A set of tools to connect, convert and store SIRI, SIRI-Lite.||Apache-2.0||https://bitbucket.org/enroute-mobi/ara/src/master/|
|irys||Available||A set of tools to connect and redistribute SIRI.||CeCILL-B||https://github.com/afimb/irys|
Producers from CAD/AVL
|IVU.realtime||Available||Producer of realtime data.||Commercial||https://www.ivu.com/products-and-solutions/ivusuite/passenger-information.html|
|Mobile-ITCS||Available||Producer of realtime data.||Commercial||https://www.initse.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Content/3_Solutions/3_Operations/MOBILE-ITCS_us.pdf|
|ZenBus||Available||Producer of realtime data.||Commercial||https://zenbus.fr/|
|IXXI/RATP Smart System||Available||Producer of realtime data.||Commercial||https://www.ratpsmartsystems.com/hopen-go/|
|Alsthom||Available||Producer of realtime data.||Commercial|